Qatium is seeking a talented Technical Writer to support our growth and help our users be successful in their digital transformation efforts.
Qatium is a cloud based developer of digital water technology with roots in Valencia, Spain and a presence around the world. We are a product-led growth company working on the digital transformation of the water industry.
We are 100% remote and work 30h per week.
Sounds good? Keep reading 👇
What is the Qatium platform?
Qatium is a SaaS solution created to analyze water distribution networks and help operators optimize their network performance. The objective: make the best use of a scarce and vital resource, water.
Up to 50% of clean water gets lost between the source and the tap. Qatium’s mission is to create tools that can help in making the management of water infrastructure more efficient.
What about Qatium’s challenges?
We have no choice but innovating
Qatium is competing face to face against heavy desktop applications, but as a web application.
We’re building a completely new product, building the tools and frameworks that make Qatium possible.
We apply high quality engineering
At Qatium, you will face complex problems related to hydraulic simulation or real-time graphical representation, among others.
Qatium needs to convey a lot of information simultaneously
We are building a single software package for users with different expertise levels inside the water industry. All of this, built over an interactive map. We learn from our users to provide them with the information they find the most useful at every point of their user journey.
We are continuously discovering our path
Being a new product, our future is yet to be built. We have the responsibility of transforming our product vision into software that is useful for our users, relying on their feedback.
How is it working at Qatium?
- 30 hours per week, distributed in 6 hours per day, from Monday to Friday. Usually from 8:00h to 14:00h CET/CEST.
- Our team is mainly aligned in the CET/CEST timezone (UTC+1/UTC+2).
- Flexibility in starting time (from 7:00h to 10:00h CET/CEST).
- We organize study groups to learn together about different topics, which will allow us to evolve with our product.
- You will have a learning budget at your disposal, which can be used for purchasing books, course materials, attending conferences, etc.
- We have a mentoring program available to help you grow in your career.
Crystal-clear salary ranges
We have three salary steps set by each team member’s impact on the product and the team. We are still working on a thorough review of those steps, to have a better distribution over different impact and skill levels.
Right now, salary levels are 30.000€, 37.500€ or 45.000€ yearly (for 30 hours per week) depending on expertise level.
What about Qatium’s principles?
We are building a platform that reflects our core company values: open, collaborative and straight to the point. These translate into the platform as the following:
We are firmly committed to serving our users’ real needs. All of our features of our roadmap exist to offer as much value as possible to our users.
We are the only company in the hydraulic sector with an open roadmap inviting users to contribute. Check it out at https://roadmap.qatium.com/.
Qatium aims towards breaking knowledge silos, transforming raw data into easy to understand information for all people involved in water management, independently of their expertise level or role in their teams.
Unlike the well established giants, we follow XXI century modern industry practices: self-service, flexible licensing, elegant user interfaces, cloud-first, lean development, continuous improvement and community collaboration.
Qatium democratizes water management. Water is the most important resource on our planet, and we want all operators to take the most possible care of it.
We turn complex operations into easy ones, assisted by a powerful visualization tool that allows teams managing water to perform any operation they may need.
Qatium reduces complex and repetitive tasks, directly displaying all relevant information to the user. This way, they can make important decisions quickly and confidently. Our users maximize their productivity thanks to self-explanatory features, and a straight to the point user interface focused on useful information.
What’s your part in this ?
We are looking to expand our customer success and support teams to support both our product development team and to grow our user base. We are aiming to build a stellar self-service experience for our users to scale and that’s where you come in. You will help increase the accessibility, adoption and retention of the Qatium platform.
We are looking for our first technical writer to be someone who’s passionate about writing clear, approachable and easy-to-read documentation.
In customer success, we aim for our users to get the most out of the platform, and this includes providing them with intuitive and inspirational articles in our knowledge base. We are working with the product and support team to get a deep understanding of the product and facilitate the users’ in-app access to the relevant content.
Our knowledge base is a living, breathing document requiring constant updates and curation. We work with teams across the company creating new content (images, videos and text) and curating current articles. In the coming year we’ll have loads of new Qatium features to explain and showcase, and we’ll keep improving our Help Center, using data and customer feedback to make the best possible content.
Here are some of the things we think you will be helping with:
- Reviewing our internal documentation
- Producing and maintaining high-quality documentation that is appropriate for our users
- Writing easy-to-understand online help articles, tutorials and developer guides
- Collaborating to create tutorials to help users use all the functionalities in Qatium
- Analyzing existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Creating and maintaining the information architecture using Markdown, GH Pages and WordPress
Who Can Join Us?
- You must be willing to work remotely
- You must be physically located in a UTC-4/UTC+4 timezone.
- At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to residents of Spain. All other candidates join our team as a part-time or full-time independent contractor and are responsible for paying any taxes or fees where they reside.
- Some jurisdictions and countries have limitations on the ability for independent contractors to perform work for companies located in foreign countries. These laws might limit some candidates from joining our team.
Other considerations / Parting thoughts
We invite you to sign up to Qatium, to experience the application for yourself. A demo model is provided for all new users on first login, so you’ll have no excuse for not playing around a bit.
Our current Help Center
We also invite you to explore our Help Center, to review our documentation and get familiar with our current resources.
Diversity & Inclusion at Qatium
Our company is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression or any other legally protected status.
These are the skills we think you’ll need for the job
- Proven work experience in technical writing of software documentation or relevant position
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
Additionally, any of the following would be beneficial:
- Knowledge of the water industry
- Spanish language
Please don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t match all the requirements.
[button color=”accent-color” hover_text_color_override=”#fff” url=”https://qatium.recruitee.com/o/technical-writer-remote/c/new” text=”Apply now” color_override=””]